CV

For my acting CV click *HERE*

Friday 7 December 2012

This could be para... para... paradise.

This could be para... para... paradise.

Just a year ago this song by Coldplay could have been the story of my life.

As a young girl's dreams are shattered against the wall of reality...

At this moment I'm walking past Westminster, listening to this song and typing this note on my iPhone with my half paralyzed, frozen fingers - hardly aiming at the right keys.

I see the reflection of myself in the mirror that the rain has left on the sidewalk. The raindrops are dancing on my iPhone screen and sparkling like little rainbows.

When I look up I see birds flying over the river Thames, in Search of some breakfast.

I haven't eaten. I haven't slept. I don't care.

Because a sudden realization has hit me: This could in fact be a paradise.

It's grey, its rainy, it's windy and cold - it definitely does not look like a stereotypical paradise.

But I don't have to close my eyes to dream of it. I don't even sleep at night. I am living my dream. The most beautiful dream.

No I'm not high.

I type what I see and whatever is popping into my head as I walk and listen to Coldplay...

I go past the genitor, who is picking up the wet leaves, past a sleepy builder having his early morning cigarette, past a car park ticket collector, who probably wishes he was not the one to be hated by all the ones that he has to fine. I see a homeless man. And people rushing to their jobs struggling with the wind tearing their boring black umbrellas out of their red cold hands.

And me? I am going to do what I love. And no amount of grey, no amount of freezing wind, no amount of rain can make me believe that this is not a paradise. Because it is.

Paradise is when you can follow your heart. Not where the sky is blue, not where the sun rays warm your face and mojitos cool your vains...

Maybe this grey, wet, cold place could be the actual paradise Coldplay sings about.

"When she was just a girl, she expected the World...

She dreamed of para para paradise, every time she closed her eyes. "

Until one day she opened them and realized. Paradise is here. Now.

This entire note is written on the go, pictures taken also. I'm still listening to this song. Hopefully it makes sense. To someone. If only just a little.